Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Daybook #20


For today . . . .  December 15, 2008

Outside my window . . . it's a mighty cold and snowy December day!  The temperature is -20, after being below 25 for most of the day and there's a breeze blowing which makes the windchill dangerously cold.

I am thinking. . . that I have lots of things to do this week - and now I have 4 days of subbing too!  But it will all get done and I'm going to savour each day.

I am thankful that . . . God answered our prayers again this week in an wonderful and real way.  He is so good and I am just amazed when I see what happens when we ask Him for help.  

From the kitchen . . . Polynesian Broccoli Stirfry with rice and hopefully some cookies yet tonight!

I am wearing . . . brown cords, a beige tshirt, burnt orange sweater, and slippers

I am reading . . . Country Woman, Chatelaine and Canadian Living magazines - looking for ideas for Christmas menus

I am hoping . . . to finish Christmas shopping tomorrow night!  And then get some wrapping done real soon.

I am hearing . . .   Christmas carols from We Are The Reason by Psalm 150 Music

I am creating . . . some pages in my December Daily album

Around the house . . . cards to write out, presents to wrap, projects to finish, baking to do, meal prep to get ahead of - it's going to be busy!

One of my favourite things . . . finding a new hairdresser who understands me and my hair!!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . 3 more days of subbing, some shopping, baking, Bob's family gather on Saturday  and getting ready for guests on the weekend

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . 

our favourite Nativity set on the fireplace mantle.  

There are lots of interesting posts to read on the Simple Woman Daybook site.  


5 comments:

  1. I love Country Woman magazine. I have been getting it for many, many years! Enjoyed your daybook. Hope you have a nice Christmas.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a busy week, but you love all the Christmas preparations and thinking about how people will react when they open their gifts, eat the meal and spend time together. The week is going to fly by. I do hope it warms up a little. I'm not ready for it to be that cold when we arrive. I'm counting down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you have 4 days booked already! I hope you get lots done still in the evenings though without having to stay up too late.
    Good luck finishing everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I giggled at your comment about a hairdresser. It's almost as hard as finding a mate sometimes! Enjoyed reading...

    ReplyDelete